Are Space Heaters Safe to use in an Office?
Space heaters are a major cause of workplace fires that have resulted in structural damage, injuries, and even death.
It is better to NOT use a space heater, but if it’s necessary, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Do NOT use extension cords or power strips with a space heater. Plug the space heater directly into the wall outlet.
- Keep the space heater away from any combustible materials.
- Always turn the space heater OFF when the area being heated is not occupied.
- Never place anything on top of or directly in front of the heater.
- Purchase heaters with a tip-over automatic shutdown feature.
- Avoid purchasing used heaters. You don’t know how they’ve been taken care of.
NEED TO INSTALL A NEW ELECTRICAL WALL OUTLET?
When you need someone to install a new electrical wall outlet so that your space heater can reach the area you want heated, make sure you hire a professional electrician. Hire a licensed electrician from Chambers Electric. Call (806) 373-2600 today!